In business since 1987, Auto Specialty of Lafayette has more than 30 years of experience repairing, replacing, and installing brakes in both import and domestic vehicles. Brakes are arguably the most important system on your vehicle, yet they are often overlooked by drivers. Don’t risk your life or the lives of others by driving around West Lafayette with brakes that are unreliable. You can count on us to complete your brake repair in a professional manner and get you back on the road safely. Contact us at (765) 477-7300 if you are in need of a brake check, car tune up, tire rotation, or oil change in Lafayette.
Signs Indicating You Need Brake Service
If you’ve been noticing strange sounds, smells, or a decrease in pressure as you apply weight to the brake pedal, it may be time to get your vehicle a brake check. At Auto Specialty of Lafayette, we have a wireless diagnostic system and Road Simulator to quickly and easily find the root cause of your vehicle’s mechanical issues. Typical symptoms that your vehicle may be in need of service include:
- Screeching or grinding sounds – The common cause for these sounds comes from malfunctioning brake pads, brake rotors, and brake shoes.
- Shaking of steering wheel when applying brake pedal – This is a more advanced sign that your brake rotors have worn down and require replacement.
- Fully depressed pedal when braking – This is usually the first sign that you need to be replacing brake pads on your vehicle.
- Smell of burning rubber or metal – Strange odors emanating from your tires or under your car could mean extreme decay of any brake system component, and may be a sign of complete malfunction. Come see the professionals at Auto Specialty of Lafayette right away and we will run a full diagnostic checkup on your car brakes.
- Brake warning lights – Warning lights could be the cause of faulty pads, shoes, or a simple code error. Auto Specialty of Lafayette will run a complete diagnostic and brake check on your vehicle to diagnose the problem quickly.
Brake issues can escalate quickly from a small annoyance into the cause of a major car accident. Waiting to get your car brakes repaired can easily become a costly and dangerous mistake. Contact us today and be safely back on the road in no time!
Diagnostic and Brake Inspection
Your vehicle’s brake system is a complex series of components that rely heavily on each other. Performing a yearly check-up on your vehicle can catch issues early on, saving you hundreds or thousands of dollars down the line. At Auto Specialty of Lafayette, we inspect all the brake parts on your vehicle, including the following:
- Brake Pads
- Brake Rotors
- Brake Lines
- Brake Calipers
- Wheel Cylinders
- Disk Brakes
- Brake Hoses
- Parking Brake
- Wheel Bearings
- Brake Fluid
Each component of your braking system is inspected for your safety by our highly qualified and trained auto mechanics. We’ll find the issue before it ever has a chance to mature into a full-fledged disaster. If you’re looking for Lafayette auto repair for your brakes, you want to go to a trusted shop. Let one of the experienced mechanics at Auto Specialty of Lafayette take a look at your brakes and keep you protected for the road ahead.
Located in Lafayette Indiana, Auto Specialty of Lafayette serves the areas surrounding and including Lafayette, West Lafayette, Delphi, Crawfordsville, Attica, and Fowler with quality brake maintenance, exhaust system repair, as well as general and diesel mechanic work. Don’t wait any longer to get your car back into shape. Contact us at (765) 477-7300 and let us diagnose your problem.